Friday, January 18, 2008

Christmas Present!

I realized that I had totally forgotten to take a photo of the Brooklyn Tweed hats that I had made as gifts this Christmas for my sister and Matt's sister. Luckily, I have a photogenic and somewhat vain sister (sorry - Hi Mal!) who took a picture of herself wearing her gift. Matt's sister's hat looks exactly the same.

Both were knit from the same skein of yarn!! It was a squeaker, but it worked!
Technical details: Lorna's Lace Shepards Worsted Blackberry 100% Superwash wool 225yrds. Needles: aluminum 16" circulars - US size 6 for the ribbing, US size 8 for the pattern; bamboo dpns US size 8 for the top of the hat. **Special Note** I forgot to change from the 6 to the 8 until I had completed the first repeat of the pattern on the second hat I made - and I seemed to like it better. It may have been a little more snug, but the recipient has yet to complain.

No comments: